Do you know, what types of plants are able to produce 1.2 kilograms of oxygen per day and are able to improve water catchment sources through underground flows?
Then have you found a suitable plant to use as an alternative plant to reduce drought in dry areas?
The plant is 'Bamboo'.
What is Bamboo?
Bamboo is a plant that is segmented and hollow in the stem which is a member of the grass type plant.
Bamboo is a clump plant that has fibrous roots, has a round hollow stem, hard, tall, and segmented which is usually used as building material and some household furniture such as chairs, furniture, and so on.
This plant is classified into more than 10 genera, one of the most common is from the genus Bambusa. This plant is a plant that has the highest growth rate in the world. In the Cretaceous Period, this plant had experienced massive growth in the Asian region.
Bamboo is one of the plants that many extracts are taken for skin health.
This is because bamboo has many beneficial nutrients such as protein, minerals, vitamin A, vitamin E, and much more.
How does bamboo grow?
· Bamboo produces new sticks (stems) in Spring. These shoots emerge from the ground and grow tall in diameter for about 60 days. During this 60 days period, it will produce limbs and leaves.
· After 60 days of growth, the bamboo stems never grow tall again. Bamboo does not undergo secondary growth like trees or most flora.
· Bamboo trees will not show growth for the first 5 years
· during the first 5 years, it experiences tremendous growth on the roots, not on the stems. Because the bamboo tree is preparing a very strong foundation, so that it can support its height, which is tens of meters in the future.
· After 5 years the growth is very fast not only in cm but meters.
· Bamboo is a member of the grass family. It is a colony plant, so it uses energy from existing plants to produce more plants and expand the root structure. New plants will grow in the same way. New shoots emerge into sticks with limbs and leaves within 60 days.
What are the benefits of bamboo for facial skin health? Come on, see more ladies here!
Benefits of Bamboo Extract for Face
When there are problems that appear on the face, not a few women are confused to overcome them.
Well, you can try skincare products that contain bamboo extract because they are considered good for all skin types.
1. Skin More Glowing
Bamboo is rich in natural silica which is believed to make the skin more radiant.
In addition, the silica in bamboo can also increase moisture in the skin, making it feel more supple.
To get maximum results, you need to use products with bamboo extract regularly.
2. Healing Skin
Another benefit of bamboo extract is treating acne prone skin. Because, bamboo extract has a natural exfoliant that will treat acne.
You can use a moisturizer or a mask containing bamboo extract. Then, balance it with the use of acne medication.
3. Anti Free Radicals
A study found that bamboo stems or Korean bamboo have antioxidant and antimelanogenetic potential due to their polyphenol and flavonoid content.
Think of your skin as an apple slice that oxidizes (turns brown)! These are the damaging effects of free radicals, day in and day out! Packed with natural flavonoids, bamboo extract and bamboo water act as powerful antioxidants to fight skin-damaging free radicals resulting from the environment, pollution, stress and many other factors!
Bamboo can help your skin stay healthy and youthful and help fight the effects of premature aging.
The antioxidant properties of bamboo extract were tested to ward off free radicals on the skin.
4. Powerful anti-inflammatory skin
Bamboo extract has a great ability to heal and soothe the skin.
Bamboo water is recommended for sensitive skin and as a complement to inflamed acne treatments.
5. Advanced skin hydration and re-plumping
Bamboo extract and bamboo water contain Glycosaminoglycans, known as GAGs. They are very large molecules that occur naturally in the dermis of the skin and act as natural moisture agents that bind almost 1000 times their weight in water.
The most commonly known GAG is hyaluronic acid. Think about skin moisture from the inside out! Because they are part of the skin's extracellular matrix, GAGs also help restore skin elasticity and maintain its supple and firm structure.
Bamboo trees contain antibacterial substances to protect themselves from insect and fungal attacks.
Therefore, bamboo extract also has antibacterial properties that can prevent the skin from various types of problems caused by bacteria.
7. Improve skin firmness
Bamboo contains up to 70% natural silica. Collagen that prevents sagging skin is mostly composed of silica. As we age, collagen breaks down, so replenishing the skin with natural silica helps build collagen and maintain skin firmness.
Balance with regular exercise and avoid foods containing a lot of fat or
oil for maximum results.